Sunday, September 7, 2008

Speaking of Podcasts...

Until this past weekend, I was among the people who didn't even know what a podcast was. I mean I saw the links on ESPN.com's homepage but I didn't know what they were.

Not only do I know what podcasts are know but I also realize that these can be entertaining and useful tools to the sports media. Once you go to ESPN.com and then go to its ESPN radio section you will find links to live radio shows and podcasts where you can subscribe to your favorite radio and television shows and put them on your IPod's or your phones. Here is a video on how easy it is to access it from your phone:


In my opinion, I think this should and will replace sports radio broadcasts on clock radios and other home stereos systems in the future. I feel that the days of you and your family sitting around the radio and listening to a sports game are over. With media now trying to be accessible to everything that is portable and bigger (in terms of HD TVs) the sports media world will soon have no use for home radio equipment. If they you can listen to radio on in your car and in your mp3 players, who needs a home radio or stereo? And if you miss a show you can podcasts such as the Mike and Mike Show in the ESPN Podcast section has links to every show that they did three months prior to the most recent one.

Now that I know what podcasts are I plan on using these to catch up on the sports shows that I miss and listen to the radio shows I can listen too due to frequency issues. I wish I would've found out about this sooner...

No comments: